One of the mystery land present in this world is Mount Everest. It is a dream for many human beings to reach the top of Mount Everest. By reaching the top of Mount Everest, you will be touching the highest point above the sea level in the earth. In the year 1841, British Surveyor-General of India George Everest first discovered the Mount Everest. A few years later in 1856, Height of the mountain was determined by British Surveyor and it is named as Peak XV. The height of the peak XV is 29,002 feet. But those team of surveyors could not able to find the exact height of the mountain. Because Nepal didn’t permit them to enter the place.
During the year 1865, Andrew Waugh another one British Surveyor General of India, Suggests that the name of the mountain should be in the name of the inventor Sir George Everest. Back in the year, 1955 India survey determined that the height of the Mountain is 29,029 feet. After that, it was confirmed by the Chinese survey in 1975. But in the year 1999, Satellite technology predicts that the height of the mountain is six feet taller than the previous measurement.
Mount Everest is located in the Himalayas in Mahalangur section and in other words, The Mountain is located between the Border of Nepal and China. Below we are going to see some of the weird facts about Mount Everest.
Facts about Mount Everest:
- Every year more than 4000 people climbing the Everest, in that 1 in 10 people succeed in climbing the top. While climbing a few people left the process due to heavy cold condition and more than 260 people dying every year because of very low air to breath.
- In the year 2014, The biggest earthquake hits in the Mount Everest that killed 16 sherpa people and a few climbers. More than 65 people injured.
- Similarly, In 1996 15 people died while climbing the Everest which was the highest number of deaths in a single year.
- The death zone of the Mount Everest is after 7,600 meters above the sea level due to very low air. The climbers always having oxygen tanks while climbing at the top of the mountain.
- A research founds that due to Geologic uplifting, Each year Mountain have growing 5mm.
- Until now, Nearly 3,000 people reach the summit of the Everest. The youngest person American Jordan Romero touches the top at the age of 13years and oldest man Yuichiro Miura reaches the summit at 80 years.
- Till now, 125 dead bodies founded in the mountain and still a few are not able to found.
- Other names of Everest are Sagarmatha in Nepal which meansPeak of Heaven, Chomolungma in Tibet which means Goddess Mother of the World and in Chinese it is known as Zhumulangma Feng.
- The Everest was founded more than 60 years ago.
- Almost 40 climbers reach the top once, which was highest in a single day in 1993.
- Some scientist says that Everest is not the tallest mountain. Mauna Kea in Hawaii is tallest which is more than 33,000 feet but most parts of the mountain are actually situated under the sea level only 13,796 feet is above the sea level. So only it is not considered as tallest.
- The first person to reach the summit without having oxygen tanks is Peter Habler and Reinhold Messner in 1978.
- In 1975, Junko Tabei was the first woman to reach the top of the Everest. she is from Japan.
- Kami Rita is a man who holds the world record of reaching the summit more number of times than any other. He reaches the summit 22 times.
- Similarly, Lakpa Sherpani is a woman who holds the world record of reaching the summit more number of times than any other woman. He reaches the summit 8 times.
- There are more than 9000 summits present in the Everest in that more than 5000 summits present in the Nepal side and Nearly 3200 present in Tibetan side.
- Until now, 548 women reach the top of the mountain and 211 people climbed the top without using oxygen tanks.
- In the year 1993, Approximately 129 people reach the top of the Everest which was highest in a single year.
- Today, you have to pay £17,000 to Nepal government to get permission to climb Everest.
- Khumbu icefall is the dangerous area present in the mountain. Almost 19 people died in that place.
- In the year 2001, American Erik Weihenmayer was the first blind person to climb the top of the mountain.
- There are approximately 18 different routes present in the Everest. It will take an average of 40 days to reach the top depends on human health.
- While climbing you will lose at least 10 to 20lbs.
- Since 1955, The lowest temperature on the Mountain is -60-degree Celsius and Highest are 38 degree Celsius.
- Avalanches are another one area which also causes the number of deaths.
Animals and plants Mount Everest:
- Himalayan Jumping spiders are one of the rare species present in the Mount Everest which is located at the top of the mountain after 22,000 feet.
- Birch, juniper, blue pines, firs, bamboo, and rhododendron are the plants growing in the lower area of the mountain.
- No plants are present after 18,000 feet in the top of the mountain.
- A huge number of animals like Musk deer, wild yak, red panda, snow leopard, and Himalayan black bear are present in the lower altitude region.
- A few numbers of deer, langur monkeys, hares, mountain foxes, martens, Himalayan wolves, and Himalayan thars.
There are more than 5000 glaciers present in the Himalayan region which is the place for many huge mountains, but now this place is in an alarming situation due to the rise in temperature. Climate change is the major threat for Mount Everest now. The rise in temperature will cause the formation of lakes and it will affect the people who live around. Everyone must climb the Everest at least once in their lifetime to experience the adventure and fun in it. We will constantly update more information about Mount Everest.
Thanks for visiting our page www.factsmonkey.com