Without any doubt the costliest drink in the world is Water. The one thing that any living being can’t live without is Water. It is the most essential thing for any living beings. Water may be in any form. Water is colourless, odourless and tasteless. But after a couple of hours of playing under the hot sun, when you start drinking water, it will be the tastiest drink in the world. So here we are going to see some of the interesting and unknown facts about water.
Facts about water
- 97% of the world’s total water is salt water and only the remaining 3% is suitable for drinking.
- Also, 7% of the world’s total fresh water is in the form of glaciers.
- Almost 75 % of the human brain is water and a living tree consist of 75 % of water.
- Even our bone consists of 31 % of water.
- Water can be in three states solid, liquid and gas.
Water is the mixture of two hydrogens and one oxygen, its chemical name is H2O.
- A human fetus consists of 95 % of water in it for the first month, however, it changes to 77 % during birth.
- Water can dissolve more substance than sulfuric acid.
- The average usage of water in the united states of America for household utilities is 50 gallons.
There are two kinds of water
Saltwater consist of a huge amount of salt and the fresh water consist of dissolved salt in it.
Importance of water
- We can’t survive without water since the water in our body is continuously being used or lost, So we need to replace it with water.
- Every function of our body needs the help of water starting from digestion to maintain your body temperature.
- It takes roughly about 75 litres of water to make a pint of beer.
- To avoid dehydration one must constantly intake water.
- Dehydration is the major cause of diarrhoea, leads to vomiting and releases excess sweat from our body.
- Disease from cholera, typhoid, dysentery and dengue fever are mainly caused due to the unhygienic water.
- People should not use dirty water for drinking and bathing purpose to prevent themselves from life-threatening diseases.
- Also helps in excretion of waste products from our body in the form of urine, sweat, and poop.
- Five minutes of shower bath costs up to 10-25 gallons of water.
- The food you eat now won’t be available if there is no water on the earth.
- If you don’t provide adequate water or if the crops don’t get the required amount of water naturally, you cannot get your desired fruits or vegetable.
- The world doesn’t exist without agriculture.
- Ice is lighter than water, that is why the ice floats on water.
- Water is said to be a good solvent because sugar, salts and many acids easily dissolve in it.
- However, fats and oils don’t mix well with water.
Other important and unknown facts about water
- Almost Three-fourth of the world is covered with water.
- The three largest ocean in the world is
- Pacific ocean
- Atlantic ocean
- Indian ocean
- A small leakage in tap can waste up to 75 litres of water a day.
- The boiling point of water is 100’c or 212’f.
- The freezing point and melting point of the water is 0’c to 32 ‘F.
- The water in the atmosphere is more than that of all of our rivers combined.
- More than 200 children die every hour due to the unavailability of safe water.
- If you are suffering from fever, try to drink more water as it helps to maintain your body temperature.
- A running flush can waste up to 200 gallons of water every day.
- Nearly billion people all around the world not having access to clean water.
- Due to leakages in pipes in America, around 6 billion gallons of treated water is wasted.
- Cucumber consists of 95 % water in it so it is healthy to consume during summer days.
Facts about water
- However, they are putting great efforts in conserving the fresh water.
- The Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean region is the deepest point in the ocean.
- The preparation process for a calorie of food takes 26 gallons of water.
- The doctor recommends us to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Drinking adequate water keeps away from many diseases.
The fun factor
- The first thing that comes to your mind when you think about water is entertainment.
- Everyone would love to spend their time with their loved one in a water theme park.
- All around the world water theme park are very famous and are earning in millions.
- Slip n slide, water balloon toss, duck duck splash are some of the famous water games all around the world.
- Kids and pets love to play in the water. They spend hours together playing in the water.
A person can live without food for even a month but not without water for a week. Around the world, many people can’t even have access to a tumbler of fresh water and the one who doesn’t know the value of water is still wasting it. Water is precious than you ever think. Water is so important that scientific organization spending billions of dollars to find water in space and another planet. So don’t waste water unnecessarily and conserve the precious resource for your future generation. We will constantly update more information about natural resources.
Thanks for visiting our page www.factsmonkey.com