Christmas is a Christian holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, held on December 25th. Probably, more celebrating holiday in the world. Modern Christmas is the combination of both secular and religious tradition. Christmas has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1870. Why Christmas is Known as Xmas?. Because the X comes from the ancient Greek language where X means Christ, So Christmas is also known as Xmas. However, The traditional Christmas color is red, green and gold. Red means blood of Jesus Christ, Green represents life, and Gold represents for light and royalty.
Key facts about Christmas:
- In the 16th century, Germans were the first to use trees inside the house. Martin Luther was the first person to use candles to decorate trees.
- The largest Christmas gift given to the United States from France in 1886, The Statue of liberty.
- Hallmark produced the first Christmas card in the year 1915.
- Actually, The most profitable business around the world is Christmas.
- From the Year 1819, Began to flew the Santa Claus Image in a Sleigh.
- In the year from 1659 to 1661, it was illegal to celebrate Christmas in England. Actually, England does not accept immediately because of the religious.
- The wreath is an arrangement of leaves and flowers in a circular shape, it is used as a sign of respect. Actually, it is the representative of the crown of the thorns Jesus usually seen with it.
- Midwinter, Nativity, and Yule are the other names of Christmas in the old times.
- Jingle bells song is a Thanksgiving song to god.
- The singing Carlos in church during Christmas season which came from the English tradition of wassailing. Wassailing was a tradition to toast for someone’s good health and life.
- Actually, The best selling Christmas song in the world is Crosby’s White Christmas. It has sold over 50 million copies all over the world in a different language.
- Also, The most recorded Christmas song in the world is Silent Night.
- Tom Stafford and Wally was the two astronauts who sung the Jingle Bells song in space. James Pierpont, composes the Jingle Bells song in Massachusetts, America.
- Christmas cake usually having the covering of icing and lot of dried fruits and it is also known as a fruitcake.
- The Whiskey Dundee is one of the favorite Christmas Cake for people all over the world. Also, They Prepare Cake with Scotch whiskey.
- In Japan, People Soak Cakes inside brandy and rum.
- In Germany, Christmas fruit cakes are so famous and describing it as “Christstollen“.
- Yule log cake is the traditional Christmas cake in France.
However, The Two most interesting aspects which come to your mind when you hear the word Christmas,
- Santa Claus
- Christmas trees
Facts about Santa Claus:
History of Santa Claus:
- Santa Claus is based on St Nicholas, The person who lived in the fourth century in Turkey.
- St Nicholas became famous when he gave dowries to poor girls for their marriage. He also helps needy people
- Actually, In the Year 1804, They design the look of Santa Claus. In past, Santa Claus has worn blue, red and white color dresses. The traditional red suit came from 1930 when it links with coca cola ad.
- Santa’s Claus name comes from the Dutch name “Sinterklaas”.
- Santa Claus is the world’s most powerful mutant registered by the X-Men in the Marvel comics.
- Santa Claus official citizenship awarded in Canada, So children can send him letters through his own postal code. In Finland postal code for Santa Claus is 99999.
- Dutch children give milk and cookies to Santa.
- Santa has 8 Reindeer are Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. The Male Reindeer is known as a bull. However, The female reindeer is Known as a cow and baby reindeer is Known as a calf.
- Also, Rudolph is a Santa’s 9th reindeer. During a bad snow storm, it adds to the Reindeer team on one Christmas Eve.
- Santa’s eight reindeer could not fly in the storm. Rudolph having glowing red nose it will lead the Santa’s sleigh and make them fly in the snowstorm.
Facts about Christmas Trees:
History of Christmas Tree:
- Before the Birth of Jesus Christ, Everyone Celebrate Winter season with the Evergreen Christmas Tree.
- Every year more than 30 million American families enjoy a fresh and real Christmas tree during the holiday season.
- Actually, The First Christmas Tree Decorated in the Year 1510 at Riga, Latvia. And the Printed Reference Appears in Germany in 1531.
- Nearly 1,00,000 people working full or part-time in the Christmas industry.
- Christmas tree takes seven years to reach the standard retail height of 6 to 7 feet.
- More than 17,000 Christmas tree farms located in the United States. Also, There are 350 million trees are growing in the farms.
- The popular Christmas trees are White pine, Virginia pine, Scotch pine, Balsam fir, Fraser fir, Noble fir, Douglas Fir.
- In the Year 1851, Mark Carr starts his first Christmas Retail Slot in the United States. And they Began to decorate the Christmas tree with the Candles(Idea from the Middle of 17th Century).
- In 2012, the United States has purchased 10.9 million artificial Christmas trees.
- PVC plastic company manufactures the popular artificial Christmas trees.
- Almost 4,000 Christmas tree recycling programs in the United States.
- Also, Every year 25-30 million Christmas trees approximately sold in the United States.
- The popular Christmas trees producing states are Washington, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Oregon, and North Carolina.
- From the year 1835, Everyone Began to use the term Christmas Tree. In a single Christmas tree contains an average of 30,000 bugs and insects.
- The leading exporter of Christmas tree is Nova Scotia.
- “Yule tree” is the other name of the Christmas tree.
Weird Facts of Christmas Tree:
- The Largest floating Christmas tree is nearly 278 feet tall is in Brazil.
- Surprisingly, The tallest living Christmas tree in the world is in the town of Woodinville, Washington. Also, It height measures around 122 foot with an age of 91.
- President Franklin Pierce was the first person to place Christmas tree in White House.
These are some weird facts about Christmas. Enjoy your upcoming Christmas with Joy, Happiness and Colorful. We will constantly update more information through this site.
Thanks for visiting our www.factsmonkey.com